Happy Monday my beautiful daises! It’s been forever since my last post and I miss you guys so much! I’ve been checking up on your blogs 😉 But haven’t had any time to post. I’m so busy with school and homework and recently got a second job. I know it’s no excuse so I will try to post at least once a week!
Yesterday, after church, my best friend and I decided to hang out and do some exploring. Since we are only 10 minutes from the Idaho border we decided to go explore Coeur d’Alene and see if we could try some new places.
Our first stop was to get some food of course! With our love for sushi we decided to try Ugly Fish. Diana (my best friend) has been here once with her husband and recommended for me to try it. When we walked in the first thing I noticed was all the red decor! I loved it! It was so beautiful. There were cool light bulbs hanging down and our booth was so comfortable (sadly I didn’t take a picture of the booth but I found a picture of them here on their website) they were red velour little mini couches. I ordered the Washington and Butterfly roll and Diana decided to try the Ugly Fish and Hawaii Roll. Honestly if I could eat sushi everyday, I would eat it here. Their rolls tasted very fresh, I was impressed! If you are in this area I would recommend stopping buy and trying these AHHHMAZING rolls! They also have tuna poke which I’ve noticed not a lot of places have!
After our delicious lunch, Diana googled a coffee shop and Grumpy Monkey came up! I love monkeys (they are my favorite animal) so of course we had to check it out! Their coffee beans were sooo smooth! I got my usual caramel latte and wasn’t disappointed.
I seriously had so much fun with Diana! It was exactly what I needed to forget about school for a little bit and think about nothing but enjoying my time with her. I made up a list of 6 fun things you can do with your bestie during the Fall season:
- Explore Coffee Shops- I love exploring different coffee shops but there is something beautiful about doing it with your best friend. I know some of you are probably thinking coffee shops? That is sooo basic! But let me tell you what I love most about coffee dates. Yes there’s coffee, which you’ll know I am addicted too, and my best friend but the thing I love the most is the conversations that we have. I left the coffee shop feeling more free’er (is that a word?), less stressed about life, and feeling so relaxed. We talked about faith, God’s love towards us, and how sometimes we miss the small things in life. We encouraged each other and shared some testimonies where we seen God’s hand in our life. I am so blessed to have her as a best friend!
- Go hiking- With fall season upon us it is the perfect time to go hiking or walk a trail. Those beautiful yellow, red, orange, and brown colors are all around us and in no time it will be winter so take the opportunity while you can and go try out a new hiking area or hike your favorite trail with your bestie!
- Visit a Bookstore or Library- If you and your bestie are more staying inside and being nice and cozy during fall weather kind of people then go explore different bookstores! There is nothing better than being surrounded with books and your best friend. I can stay at the library all day copped up somewhere in the corner reading a book.
- Go to a concert- I can still remember Diana’s and my first concert together. We went to the Rock & Worship Roadshow in January of 2014. We got to see Skillet which is one of our favorite bands. It was definitely a night to remember! We had so much fun! So if you can I would recommend going to a concert together! It’s an amazing experience.
- Bake together- I don’t know about you but I love the smell of baking! Especially if it is something chocolaty 🙂 I remember Diana and I made brownies once and they were sooo delicious! Fall is the perfect time to stay inside and bake the day away together!
- Go Ice Skating- Always go with your bestie that way if you fall while ice skating; they will be right there to pick you up. Ice skating honestly can be so fun. You can people watch if you get tired and need a break. But make sure to bundle up and stay warm!
I know there are A TON more fun ideas so leave them in the comments below! I would love to hear your ideas that I can do with Diana next time ❤