Hello my beautiful daises!
I made a 2 hour trip to visit my family this weekend and had the best time ever! It was exactly what I needed. I got home Sunday evening, swapped with homework that I neglected till last minute and I knew I was in trouble, but about that another time.
I ended up going to a bonfire Friday night with a few friends and it was so perfect! Bonfire’s with friends is defiantly on my fall bucket list! We ended up cooking hot dogs over the fire and making hot chocolate with marshmallows. It was so peaceful and beautiful being surrounded by million’s of stars!
Saturday my cousin and I decided to go on a hike. Which is another thing on my fall bucket list! We climbed Cliff Ridge at Little Pend Oreille National Wildlife Refuge. Last time we were here we drove as much as was possible and then walked so we had no idea how long of a hike it was going to be because this time we decided to hike it from the bottom. If we knew it was going to be a 5 mile hike I don’t know if we would have went since it gets dark now close to 6 and we started the hike at 3. I was hoping to see some fog across the mountain when we got to the top but as soon as we walked up to the cliff, we seen fog all around us! The picture below shows what I am talking about and where the cliff ends!
It was so breathtaking! We would look down and just see fog! We felt like we were moving! God’s beauty was soooo stunning! He is such a great artist! I really wish we could have enjoyed the view longer but we were fighting with it getting darker by the second and it was beginning to sprinkle. We decided to jog down the mountain as much as possible to beat the rain and the darkness that was closing in!…. We made it back to the car right before it started pouring!!! I had to literally crawl into bed that night because of how sore I was! It’s Monday and I am still so sore! I hobble everywhere, but it was worth it!
Thank you for reading daises ❤ Leave me a comment on what’s on your fall bucket list this year!
I am the kind of person that never puts thought into being single. I always keep myself busy with work, college, church, friends, family, mission trips, and road trips that I never really think about being in a relationship. I mean I am sure when the right guy comes around I will take that leap, but for now I am trying to better and grow my life and be where God wants me to be.
Down below I made a list of fun stuff I love doing, feel free to comment below and add to the list. 🙂
- Star gaze- My most favorite thing to do is stargazing. I love grabbing my blanket and pillow and heading out of town to a campground located a few minutes away. Lying there looking up at the stars and worship music playing on my phone makes me think how small we really are in this universe. All my troubles and worries seem to fade away.
- Hiking- Lacing up hiking shoes, grabbing a water bottle, and heading out the door can be one of the best decisions you’ve ever done. I honestly think that being surrounded by nature is one of the best therapies ever. Arriving at the destination you planned on and standing on the top of the mountain or at the end of the trail is so peaceful and rewarding. It makes you feel like you can achieve ANYTHING!
- Get a massage- Ahhh, just reading the word massage makes me automatically feel peaceful. Being a massage therapist I know how important a massage is for the body. Going and getting a full body massage once every 3 months is something I love doing for myself. I come out from my massage feeling like a whole new person! I am usually so relaxed that I head straight home and go to bed.
- Read a book- A perfect way to get away from reality is to get lost in a book. I wish I had time to do this more often. The thing about books is that they let you travel without moving your feet. Have you ever thought about how every reader that reads the same book sees the story different in their minds, but it’s the same book!
- Take an Epsom salt bubble bath- I try to have a eucalyptus Epsom salt bath at least 4 times a year. I schedule them so they are right after I am all done with finals and can relax without worrying about school. I grab my candles, get the bubbles, and turn on some soothing music. With the lights off and candles lit I start the bath and pour eucalyptus Epsom salt and the bubbles in. It’s soooooo relaxing!
- Try a new coffee shop- This is probably my second favorite thing to do. I wish I lived in a bigger city so I can do this more often. I honestly tried all the little coffee shops in my little small town, so it’s always fun when I get a chance to go to a bigger city and try new coffee shops. I love getting iced white chocolate hazelnut mocha’s in the summer and when it’s freezing outside I love my basic caramel lattes with extra whip cream and caramel drizzle.
- Keep a Journal- I’ve had a journal or how I used to call it back in the day “diary”, since I was probably in 7th grade. I have maybe about 5 or 6 full journals since then, and I used to write in there almost every day and now since I’m an “adult” it’s hard to find time to fit in the writing. I love sitting down at the end of the day in bed with my journal and writing down my thoughts and feelings, it feels so good to get it out even if it is just on paper.
- Go on a night drive with music playing- One of the perks of living in the country is being able to drive on a straight road for miles and miles with trees and fields on both sides of the road. I do this quite often. There are times when I want to be alone and get in my car at night, turn on some music and head to nowhere and just drive. I can’t even describe that feeling. Driving past fields at night and pulling over and looking at the stars and moon, it’s something I feel like I will never stop doing. It’s when I lose myself and at the same time find myself.
There’s a lot more things, but I’d like to hear from you, in the comments below, let me know what are/were some of the best things to do when you are/were single! 🙂