Happy Saturday my happy daisies! I hope your week has been productive and happy! Mine has been filled with tons of homework, work, and school. As I promised in my last post here are this week’s 10 things to be happy about from the book 14,000 Things to be Happy About!
- Long Socks
- Buying your First Expensive Dress
- Eating Three Slices of Pizza and the next morning finding you’re a pound lighter
- An Hour of Lonely Communion with your Coffee Cup before Communion with Fellow Human Beings
- Honey in a Tube
- A Walk Downtown
- A Beauty Shop Appointment
- Planning a Hike
- Leafing through Boxes of Unsorted Photographs
I love this week’s list! I remember the feeling of buying my first expensive dress. My heart beating fast but feeling happy and excited! Planning a hike and a walk downtown makes me sooooo happy! There is seriously something about not knowing what your adventure will bring you. I loved reading your guy’s last week comments on last week’s list. Let me know what you think about this week’s list! When I sit down to write these I get so happy about discovering what I will find in the book this time! I love you guys! XOXO! ❤
P.S. You guys!! I made an instagram! I want to follow ALL of your guys! Here’s my account name justalittlebitofcoffee! Follow me and let me know you are from here and I will follow back!!! ❤ ❤
Hi, Hi, Hi!
Daises! I am so excited today! (Maybe I drank tooo much coffee but still!) SO I don’t know if you guys know but I am absolutely in love with thrifting and my best pieces to pick up at the thrift store are books! Guess what book I was able to pick up for just $1.99?! 14,000 things to be happy about! Did you know that it took Barbara (the author) 20 years to compile this list!
After picking up the book I figured what a great way to start 2017 and list 10 things from this book that have made me happy in the past and see how many of you have had these things happen to them! I think I will be posting 10 things from this book a few times throughout the month. I think it would be pretty cool to look back at the end of the year and see all the happy things that happened. I am so happy I was able to pick this book up because when things get tough or when I get sad I can peek into this book and see all the amazing things to be happy about!
10 Things Galina is Happy About
1. A Trip to the Library
2. Sunlight Streaming Through the Trees
3. Sunday Naps
4. Family Time
5. Getting a Passport
9. Receiving Forgiveness
10. Eating What You Like and Letting the Food Fight it Out Inside
Well that’s it for today! Let me know if any of these things ever made you happy and what else makes you happy?! Love you beautiful daisies! ❤
I am the kind of person that never puts thought into being single. I always keep myself busy with work, college, church, friends, family, mission trips, and road trips that I never really think about being in a relationship. I mean I am sure when the right guy comes around I will take that leap, but for now I am trying to better and grow my life and be where God wants me to be.
Down below I made a list of fun stuff I love doing, feel free to comment below and add to the list. 🙂
- Star gaze- My most favorite thing to do is stargazing. I love grabbing my blanket and pillow and heading out of town to a campground located a few minutes away. Lying there looking up at the stars and worship music playing on my phone makes me think how small we really are in this universe. All my troubles and worries seem to fade away.
- Hiking- Lacing up hiking shoes, grabbing a water bottle, and heading out the door can be one of the best decisions you’ve ever done. I honestly think that being surrounded by nature is one of the best therapies ever. Arriving at the destination you planned on and standing on the top of the mountain or at the end of the trail is so peaceful and rewarding. It makes you feel like you can achieve ANYTHING!
- Get a massage- Ahhh, just reading the word massage makes me automatically feel peaceful. Being a massage therapist I know how important a massage is for the body. Going and getting a full body massage once every 3 months is something I love doing for myself. I come out from my massage feeling like a whole new person! I am usually so relaxed that I head straight home and go to bed.
- Read a book- A perfect way to get away from reality is to get lost in a book. I wish I had time to do this more often. The thing about books is that they let you travel without moving your feet. Have you ever thought about how every reader that reads the same book sees the story different in their minds, but it’s the same book!
- Take an Epsom salt bubble bath- I try to have a eucalyptus Epsom salt bath at least 4 times a year. I schedule them so they are right after I am all done with finals and can relax without worrying about school. I grab my candles, get the bubbles, and turn on some soothing music. With the lights off and candles lit I start the bath and pour eucalyptus Epsom salt and the bubbles in. It’s soooooo relaxing!
- Try a new coffee shop- This is probably my second favorite thing to do. I wish I lived in a bigger city so I can do this more often. I honestly tried all the little coffee shops in my little small town, so it’s always fun when I get a chance to go to a bigger city and try new coffee shops. I love getting iced white chocolate hazelnut mocha’s in the summer and when it’s freezing outside I love my basic caramel lattes with extra whip cream and caramel drizzle.
- Keep a Journal- I’ve had a journal or how I used to call it back in the day “diary”, since I was probably in 7th grade. I have maybe about 5 or 6 full journals since then, and I used to write in there almost every day and now since I’m an “adult” it’s hard to find time to fit in the writing. I love sitting down at the end of the day in bed with my journal and writing down my thoughts and feelings, it feels so good to get it out even if it is just on paper.
- Go on a night drive with music playing- One of the perks of living in the country is being able to drive on a straight road for miles and miles with trees and fields on both sides of the road. I do this quite often. There are times when I want to be alone and get in my car at night, turn on some music and head to nowhere and just drive. I can’t even describe that feeling. Driving past fields at night and pulling over and looking at the stars and moon, it’s something I feel like I will never stop doing. It’s when I lose myself and at the same time find myself.
There’s a lot more things, but I’d like to hear from you, in the comments below, let me know what are/were some of the best things to do when you are/were single! 🙂